Yurts are traditionally portable, round tents used by nomadic tribes in Asia. The term has become popularized in the context of glamping (glamorous camping) to mean furnished tents, usually on a wooden platform, that offer various amenities beyond primitive style camping.
At Greeter Falls Campground, we offer two types of Yurts clustered in two different environments, each having their own unique features and amenities:
• Four 11’ x 11’ Square Military Command Tents – Also located at Area C
• Four 16’ x 16’ Square Military Squad Tents – Located at Area B
All our Yurts are situated on permanent, wooden frames and come furnished with bed frames & mattresses (bed rolls/sleeping pads for additional occupants), interior rugs and side tables. All have adjacent/nearby parking, water, 20-amp electrical service and nearby bathroom/porta-potty facilities. All come with picnic tables, fire circles with grills as well as their own porch area with chairs, table and rug. All yurts have fans for ventilation, portable LED lanterns, extension cords and phone chargers. Yet, each type is unique in its own particular fashion.
11’ x 11’ Square Military Command Tents. Accommodates 2-4 people. $79.75 per day
• Located on our main campus but nestled back into the woods, providing privacy yet still proximate to main campground services and facilities.
• They are constructed from heavy-duty, military-grade materials that are considerably more durable than typical canvas type tents.
• Inside- Furnished with Two Twin XL light-weight, steel bed frames with memory foam mattresses and water-proof covers plus an end-table and interior lighting
• Outside – Two plastic Adirondack Chairs and side table with exterior string lights
16’ x 16’ Square Military Squad Tents. Accommodates 4-8 people. $99.75 per day
• Our largest, most deluxe glamping option, providing the greatest privacy. These four yurts exclusively share a private 3+ acre preserve (Area B), located only 3/10th of a mile from the Greeter Falls Trailhead.
• These same tents provide housing to our service men and women throughout the world. As the name implies, they are designed to accommodate a squad of soldiers.
• Inside- Each comes furnished with 1 queen and 2 twin XL hand-crafted wooden bed frames, memory foam mattresses with water proof covers. Four plastic Adirondack chairs (2 adult, 2 child) and side table are also provided. Each tent has two doors and six triple-layer windows (rain flap, plastic window, screen) as well as interior string lighting.
• Outside – A Private Porch with Wooden Adirondack chairs and table as well as its own adjoining private gathering area, complete with picnic table, fire circle and grill. Sufficient area to set-up an additional tent, canopy and/or camping equipment.
• This four yurt Village has its own private kids play area, group gathering/dining space and community campfire with string lights. As such, it is ideal for groups that wish to camp together, reserving the entire village for their small vacationing community.
• Please note that space and privacy come with a trade-off: there is no Wi-Fi at the Village and restroom facilities consist of conveniently located porta-potties. However, campers are always welcomed to use any/all amenities located at our main campus (Area C); a few-minute walk down the road.
Note: Heaters and high-amperage electrical appliances are not allowed in any of our yurts. The provided 20-amp service is sufficient for small apparatuses like radios and phone chargers only. Egg crate or yoga type sleeping pads and light-weight sleeping bags are available for a small additional person fee (based upon availability) up to noted occupancy limits. Well behaved Pets are allowed. A limited supply of portable propane heaters are available for rent – inquire if interested.