Yurts are traditionally portable, round tents used by nomadic tribes in Asia. The term has become popularized in the context of glamping (glamorous camping) to mean furnished tents, usually on a wooden platform, that offer various amenities beyond primitive style camping.
At Greeter Falls Campground, we offer three types of Yurts clustered in three different environments, each having their own unique features and amenities:
• Three 13’ Round Canvas Bell Tents – Located at our main campus (Area C)
• Four 11’ x 11’ Square Military Command Tents – Also located at Area C
• Four 16’ x 16’ Square Military Squad Tents – Located at Area B
All our Yurts are situated on permanent, wooden frames and come furnished with bed frames & mattresses (or bed rolls/sleeping pads), interior rugs and side tables. All have adjacent/nearby parking, water, 20-amp electrical service and nearby bathroom/porta-potty facilities. All come with picnic tables, fire circles with grills as well as their own porch area with chairs, table and rug. All yurts have fans for ventilation, portable LED lanterns, extension cords and phone chargers. Yet, each type is unique in its own particular fashion.
13’ Round Canvas Bell Tents. Accommodates 2-4 people. $59.75 per day
• Located at our main campus (Area C). Closest to the main Bathhouse, Wi-fi, Camp Store, Community Space, Activity Center, Dog Park, Camp Office and Kids Play Place
• Although most proximate to all camp services and facilities, they provide relatively less privacy than other yurt types and locations.
• Bell Tents come furnished with two 3” thick bed rolls & summer sleeping bags. Two low-profile portable camp chairs and camp table are also provided.
• Although our Bell Tents have considerable circumference, they offer less standing room, being sloped toward a central pole.
11’ x 11’ Square Military Command Tents. Accommodates 2-4 people. $79.75 per day
• Also located on our main campus but nestled further back into the woods, providing greater privacy yet still proximate to main campground services and facilities.
• They are constructed from heavy-duty, military-grade materials that are considerably more durable than typical canvas type tents.
• Inside- Furnished with Two Twin XL light-weight, steel bed frames with memory foam mattresses and water-proof covers plus an end-table and interior lighting
• Outside – Two plastic Adirondack Chairs and side table with exterior string lights
16’ x 16’ Square Military Squad Tents. Accommodates 4-8 people. $99.75 per day
• Our largest, most deluxe glamping option, providing the greatest privacy. These four yurts exclusively share a private 3+ acre preserve (Area B), located only 3/10th of a mile from the Greeter Falls Trailhead.
• These same tents provide housing to our service men and women throughout the world. As the name implies, they are designed to accommodate a squad of soldiers.
• Inside- Each comes furnished with 1 queen and 2 twin XL hand-crafted wooden bed frames, memory foam mattresses with water proof covers. Two wooden Adirondack chairs and side table are also provided. Each tent has two doors and six triple-layer windows (rain flap, plastic window, screen) as well as interior string lighting.
• Outside – A Private Porch with Plastic Adirondack chairs and table as well as its own adjoining private gathering area, complete with picnic table, fire circle and grill. Sufficient area to set-up an additional tent, canopy and/or camping equipment.
• This four yurt Village has its own private kids play area, group gathering/dining space and community campfire with string lights. As such, it is ideal for groups that wish to camp together, reserving the entire village for their small vacationing community.
• Please note that space and privacy come with a trade-off: there is no Wi-Fi at the Village and restroom facilities consist of conveniently located porta-potties. However, campers are always welcomed to use any/all amenities located at our main campus (Area C); a few-minute walk down the road.
Note: Heaters and high-amperage electrical appliances are not allowed in any of our yurts. The provided 20-amp service is sufficient for small apparatuses like radios and phone chargers only. Egg crate or yoga type sleeping pads and light-weight sleeping bags are available for a small additional person fee (based upon availability) up to noted occupancy limits. Well behaved Pets are allowed in all our yurts, except for canvas bell tents. A limited supply of wood stoves and/or portable propane heaters are available for rent – inquire if interested.