We do our best to ensure that our campers have a great experience. We welcome your feedback. Here are reviews from Google, HipCamp, TheDyrt and Yelp.
- The campground I’m staying at this weekend, @greeterfalls, just put together one of the best small fireworks shows I’ve seen. What a fun #4thofjuly eve! Also, if you find yourself near Savage Gulch/Altamont/ Beersheba Springs/ Grundy County, check these folks out. The grounds are lovely and the folks running it are fantastic.
- Campground was very spacious. And fairly easy to navigate.
- We can’t get over great this place is!!! They aren’t lacking anything; everything you need is here and all in great condition. With intentions to go to camping in Chattanooga spontaneously, this wasone of the only places available so we decided to stupid here. Trix and employees are awesome and so friendly. Camping sites are great with fire pits and grill shelves. Bathhouse is clean and good condition (could be a bit bigger for the number of sites they have). Shared port-a-potties, water, and outlet area at each site. Each camp site is nicely spaced from others, too. Plus affordable and near awesome trails. Come here!!
- We had a wonderful time! Loved the seclusion and quiet location as well as the ease access to some great hiking!!! Bath houses were clean and everyone we met was very personable. All that said, the experience was great. We will be back
- Great area to camp. Big enough space to set up a couple medium sized tents or one large sized tent. Plenty of trees for hammocks. PLEASE pack out your trash when visiting Greeter Falls. We witnessed a lot of people leaving alcohol cans and food trash at the basin. We picked up as much as we could. Also, make sure your fire is COLD TO THE TOUCH. Our neighboring campers left their site with their fire ring still smoking.
- Our stay at Greeter Falls campground was lovely! We stayed in the primitive camping area and had a great shady and spacious spot. Felt secluded yet also wasn’t too far from restrooms/water. The host was kind enough to let us check in early which we appreciated. My group and I drove about 25 minutes to do the Savage Falls Loop hike which I recommend as well! Overall it was a great trip and I would go again!
- We Love it here!
- We had a great time tent camping at Greeter Falls Campground! It’s only been around about a year and it is constantly being improved (so don’t go into it expecting KOA or anything). The camp staff are very friendly and helpful. The bathhouse is clean and stylish. The community center has board games, dvds, and even an upright piano! And, of course, it’s only like half a mile down the road from the Greeter Falls trailhead with waterfalls you can swim at. I highly recommend this campground.
- Super nice place and very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely return for some camping again.
- Great place and great staff! Campground is spaced out well and most sites have a good amount of privacy. String and staff had plenty of activities for kids. Duck derby and scavenger hunt made for a great experience while at camp. Greeter falls trail head is around .5 miles from camp. I stayed in spot 82 and was great for out large dog . Staff is super kid friendly. Staff answered every phone call and delivered on every request. All sites are shaded with tall trees.
- Beautiful & clean camping spots, super peaceful out here. Hammock camping under the stars at one of the primitive sites was awesome fun.
- Great experience. Strings, Trix & especially Jasper are awesome hosts. We stayed in our 20ft travel trailer & had plenty of space. Will definitely be returning.
- An unexpected treat. Great location and ideal place. The setup at the campground is great and the facility is great. Easy booking and easy access. The wife and I were very pleased and she is a karen.
We had the BEST time camping at Greeter Falls! We decided on the yurt package and did NOT regret it. Everything was setup and ready to go when we arrived at camp, all we had to do was put our stuff in the yurt! The owners and staff are fantastic. Anything at all you need and they’re right there to help. The waterfalls are breathtaking and only a mild hike away. We will definitely be back to camp here again!
LOVED IT! I loved this little campground! So perfect for primitive camping. We did have to walk in to out site just a bit which I do wish I would have known before we brought all our regular camping gear. But we made it work. The sites are perfectly spaced apart. The people are so nice and helpful. The bath houses very clean and you have to have the code to get in which makes me feel safe. We will def be back! Loved the campground and all the beautiful trail around it! Thank you guys!
Amazing Camp & Amazing Hosts! Robert provided the most amazing camp experience. His host couple Strings and Trix really made our experience stand out – they delivered our firewood to our site and were quite kind to meet us as we were a bit later than expected on our arrival time. On that note, we arrived after dark and I must say their signage was super easy to see and helpful to guide us right to our site! I know we will be returning here since it’s just a two hour drive from Nashville. I can only speak for the primitive tent sites, we had site 11, and I loved the fact we felt we were way out from all the other campers.
Great weekend away! Had primitive site 12. Great flat space for tent. Loved the provided fire ring grill. Very cozy spot with lots of privacy from other campers. Super dog friendly! Loved the dog park and that the hiking is so close. Will definitely be back!
We had a perfect weekend in one of the yurts on the campground. Good distance between sites so felt very private even when we did have neighbors. Picnic table and fire ring just a few steps away from yurt. The bath house with showers and toilets was impeccably clean. Greeter Falls trail was just a few minutes drive away from our campsite. Highly recommend!!
I had the best stay!! I stayed solo and felt so safe. The hosts were beyond kind and made sure everything was perfect for my stay. The yurt was spacious and comfortable and the campsite was easy to find. Bathrooms close by and trails practically on site!
- Campground is spaced out well and most sites have a good amount of privacy. String and staff had plenty of activities for kids. Duck derby and scavenger hunt made for a great experience while at camp. Greeter falls trail head is around .5 miles from camp. I stayed in spot 82 and was great for out large dog . Staff is super kid friendly. Staff answered every phone call and delivered on every request. All sites are shaded with tall trees.
- Beautiful, quiet park and the operators are super nice and helpful. The community center is cute and the bathrooms are very clean and newly remodeled
- My best friend and our families camped at the group compound and had a blast. There are 4 very large barrack style tents, each with lights as well as a fan and real beds. They can arrange these anyway you like. We even had bedside tables. The tents face each other, two by two with a fire ring and 2 picnic tables on each side of the fire ring. Edison lights are strung above for perfect lighting in the evening. This main camp is also connected to several smaller ones, each with their own fire rings. You can really have a pretty large group here. It felt very secluded with woods all around. There were no other campers near us. Two Porta potties were available close by and it was a short walk to the camp store which came in handy for ice and firewood. Right down the road is the trailhead to Greeter Falls, The Blue Hole and other trails. We had a total of 7 children with us and they all had a blast. Not once did we hear the words “I’m bored.” It was truly an amazing experience and we made lots of memories. I highly recommend this place!
- Writing this review while still at the campground for Memorial Day. We are here for 9 days. Strings and Trixy the couple that runs the place are amazing. Always trying to help everybody with anything they can. Great hospitality. Nothing like camping in a heavily wooded area. Such a nice change from the places that pack them in like sardines. Having a great time.
- Great experience with the spacious & wooden sites perfect for our 23’ TT. The staff was knowledgeable about the area, friendly and helpful. Nice, family friendly activity hut and clean bathhouse too. Looking forward to our next trip at Greeter Falls Campground. Thanks for a great get-away!
- Beautiful forest campground. Many types of sites. Friendly and helpful hosts. Trailheads nearby
- Amazing campsite! Bug spray is a must, they have amazing bathrooms there at the ground. This is a great place for someone to have a first solo camping trip! Loved it here!!!
- Absolutely loved this campground! The kiddos enjoyed as well and even made a teepee. The staff (Trix) is so nice and welcoming. She even texted us and asked if we needed anything before the store closed. So, so friendly. Loved the quiet, “primitive” style. Right down the road from the trailhead to Greeter falls, you could walk there. The falls are sooo beautiful. We will definitely be going back.
- We are here on our Honeymoon. It was a last minute lets roll the dice and see where God leads us. It was late And we called at 9:30pm to see if we could book a reservation and pay with cash. It was a 2 hour drive from where we got married. Got here close to midnight and they had a yurt ready for us. They where more than happy to accommodate us! The Yurt was so nice had 2 foam pads for us to sleep on with sleeping bags. A lantern and charger for the lantern. And a fan. And chairs to sit on. Fire pit, picnic table.electricity and wifi. Its so peaceful here. Nice bath houses. Beautiful Property. It is newly built . Just a short distance to Greeter Waterfall.. A Real 💎 for rvs, tents, or glamping in a yurt. They have a small store on sight. Offer ice for 3$ a bag and small wood bundles for the fire pit for 5$ and they will deliver to your site! How cool is that! Im sold on this place. Definitely coming back.
- Wooded private campground and glamping. Newer private campground that is very convenient to the Greeter Falls entrance of the Savage Gulf State Natural Area. Unique layout with different sections on both sides of a public (but low traffic) road. We were in the primitive single/couples tent area but had access to the bathhouse with flush toilets and hot showers. This is a wooded campground with some space between sites not just a field full of RVs. The RV or glamping sites seemed to all have picnic tables and fire rings while the tent sites had fire rings with cooking grates. The single tent sites were small but our site was large enough for a 3-4 person tent. Some of the RV sites also looked sloped to me, so you may need some extra effort at leveling with an RV as well. The yurts were setup on flat platforms so those are probably fine. Hosts are not intrusive but very friendly and hospitable. Wifi was available in the RV section by the bathhouse and they had firewood and ice available for purchase. The yurts and group tents looked neat from the outside although we had our own tent.
- Greeter Falls Campground is conveniently tucked in beside one of Middle Tennessee’s best water falls and swimming holes, Greeter Falls. I do in fact enjoy chasing waterfalls around TN, and I’ll never not think of TLC when I say that. GFC is unique because it has a built out campground at a hikes distance from the Falls. The variety of camping options at this property ranges from primitive camping, yurts (by request), large military tents to host large groups, and RV hook-ups. I’d say it has a little bit of every level camper from the novice camper, glamper, RV-er, and the stopping-through-need-to-crash-in-the-woods-enthusiast. The folks who run this campground have truly put their hearts on their sleeves and hands in the dirt. It is an open environment to all walks of life. If you’re looking to try camping for the first time, visiting the South Cumberland State Park, or going for a dip in the pool at Greeter Falls, you should definitely consider staying over at the Greeter Falls Campground for a close and enjoyable experience.
- We stayed at Greeter Falls Campground a couple of weekends ago and have nothing but wonderful things to say! Trix, Strings and their sweet dog Jasper were a wonderful welcoming committee and so helpful and knowledgeable about the area and also getting our RV set up (we are rookie RVers!).
- Simply Beautiful!! Clean quite and wide open. Beauty at its best.!
- Awesome place we loved it! The owners are kind and super helpful.
- I’ve been to Greeter Falls many times in the last 25 years. Greeter Falls Campground is a grand addition to the area. It is a gorgeous part of Tennessee with Savage Gulf nearby. Lots of hiking, several beautiful water falls. The staff ,Trix and Strings, the camp overseers are great. You will not go wrong
- Awesome stay Trix and Strings were very so accommodating and nice they hospitality was a cut above any campsite we ever stayed at over the years. Had a nice electric spot for our tent looks like there putting a lot of money and hard work in this place glad we were able to enjoy it before everyone knows about it. Did the Greeter falls trail fist day sense it was only a minute away it was pretty freaking cool! Day 2 we drove about 15 min to Stone Door trailhead omg so intence up on the mountain rocks now back at campsite again awesome stay!
- My kids loved camping here, the yurts are very comfortable and the scenery is beautiful! Nice hike to waterfalls
- We enjoyed being able to camp and still have the basic necessities since this was an entirely new experience for all of us! Staff was excellent in getting us checking in and even gave helpful tips to get to the falls sites! We even made plans to come again the following week! We can’t wait!
- What a great campground for our little family! Quiet, close to fun trailheads, and the kindest camp managers! Such a nice spot in the woods for the kids to explore. We will be back!
- Awesome place! Such a peaceful place and you cannot beat the convenience to Greeter Falls. The owners and staff are the nicest people and whether you have an RV, rent a yurt or campground, you will not regret it! Will return.
- Primitive and private.
- This new campground has been merged with our Greeter Pines subdivision….we are moving here from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula to be near our family….the owner and his campground managers have went above and beyond to accommodate our need for privacy….make this place a must for your accommodations while visiting this awesome area in Southern Tennessee… Must see…..Greeter Falls and the Blue Hole….you won’t be disappointed…What’s your camping style? Rustic, yurt, or rv….. Y’all come back now, ya hear?
- We only checked out the primitive sites while passing through the area. The sites had picnic tables and fire rings, but they were pretty overgrown. It doesn’t look like this section of the campground is getting much use yet. They have a couple of portable toilets on site with garbage cans next to the toilets. There is a water spigot at the exit that can be used for filling tanks/containers. Also, there is a community fire pit area near the exit and a small camp store building near the entrance. We did not drive they the yurts or RV sites, so I cannot speak for those, but the pictures on the website look nice. It is new and still an ongoing work in progress.
- If you are a nature lover and yearn to explore the outdoors after a long stressful week, consider a visit to the beautiful mountains of South Eastern Tennessee. A stones throw away from the most spectacular waterfalls in the state, is a little know jewel known as Greeter Falls Campground. The campground has been meticulously designed with every camping inclination in mind. Whether you are an RV-er, a yurt with a cot, or I just want to pitch a tent kind of person, this oasis caters to all. There is nothing so accommodating within half a mile of Greeter Falls and the 16 thousand acre Savage Gulf State natural area. So perfectly situated and organized to meet the desires of any length of stay. You will not regret the atmosphere, the extras or the experience. My week long stay gave me hours of opportunity to explore over 50 miles of trails, photograph spectacular wildlife but even more often just sit in the quietness of the sounds of nature. Make it a part of your yearly getaway!
- This campground is beautiful – and in an absolute perfect location for enjoying Greeter Falls, or Savage Gulf. It offers diversity of options being yurts, tent camping, and RVs – really great for any type of experience. I hosted a women’s event at the yurts and it was a magical time for everyone – perfect experience! They also have a lovely camp store, and this place has a wonderful community atmosphere. I met the campground owner – and he is a wonderful man with a heart to bless people with accessibility to nature. Highly recommend!!!!